Thursday

Celebrating an Year of Joy!!!



October 21 will always remain as a very special day as it brought the winds of change to my life. I almost gave up writing after 12th standard, or the apt usage will be 'the engineering subjects taught me to hate writing'. But our life changes in a matter of seconds and my case was not different. When i got in for short story writing competition for Nimantra' 09, i never thought i would be able to write at least a line about the subject. But coincidentally i got the first prize for that. Still i wonder how i got that, maybe due to the blessings of the great Padmarajan Sir..I used the names of many famous characters created by this genius:)..It was really a confidence booster for me. But it really needs an encouragement to move forward, that was given by my friend/editor Lakshmi P Gopal.

Seeing one of my friends blog, i started blogging too. Started just for fun, but later it became really serious. I got great responses from my friends and many others and that encouraged me to keep on writing. The response got quite good when i started writing stories, which included the incidents from my life too. All my blogs are special to me but a few remains very close to my heart..Thoovanathumbikal, January's loss, Cloud 10 and Days in Heaven (especially the last part)! Writing was a passion for me, but now it seems like it will turn out be my profession..hope everything will work out:)..It gives a great pleasure when you find comfort and happiness in what you do, and i think engineering is not my cup of tea (this is a point that everyone should think of..please do what you heart desires and not what others say!). I love to thank many in this note like Lakshmi, Divya, Shamin, Karnnan, Sid, Monu, Deepal, Anoop, Vishnu, Megha, Shabnam, Karthika, Ganga, Aparna, Gouri etc and all my dear friends and readers for their encouragement and never ending support:)..Hope to entertain you in future with more and more blogs..Thanks to almighty!!!

7 comments:

karnnan said...

good da.. keep up the work... but wat ever u do, annam kittan olla oru vazhi athil ninnu undakanam..
allengil vere margam undakkanam... hehe thats the 1st priority.. athu kazinju enthu veno akam..its our life..our wish what we shud do...

Gautham said...

thanks aliya..yup, 1st priority maranulla kaliyilla..varumpole varatte:)

SiD said...

Yeah! Ente perund! :-) Happy birthday Blog! :-)

Divya said...

well its nice to hear dat ur taking up dis seriously.keep writing dear ..
all ur frnds r wid u.u can count on dat.. :-)

Gautham said...

@divya: thanks da..thanks a lott:)

NEEYA ............ said...

Congrats///................
Happy bday bloggie:)

Gautham said...

@sid and neethu: thanx a lot:)